Default Interactive Cruising Guide

Hi newsgoup,

maybe it is interesting for someone: the international version of
SkipperGuide, a interactive, online cruising guide just started he

http://www.skipperguide.com

It is a cruising guide based on the wikipedia-technology. Everybody can
contribute and profit from other contributions. The idea is to build up
an information pool about cruising waters and marinas of the
consolidated knowledge of many different users, combined with
recommendations from other skippers and touristic tips.

This site is free, open for everyone, and non-commercial. The
contributions are published under the Free Documentation License.

What do you think about it? I'm very interested in your feedback and
your suggestions.

At the moment we are looking for people that have fun to support and
build up this project from the beginning. I've just started to
translate some articles from the german counterpart (South of Norway is
finished so far). But there are still many open ends :-)
If you know some waters or marinas somewhere in the world, feel free to
leave some notes about it. But also ideas for an efficient navigation
structure, constructive discussions, small corrections etc are very
welcome.

I'm pretty sure, that this service can become an useful addition to
existing cruising guides. The german site already shows a good coverage
of various areas with high quality informations and some really good
tips for the next sailing trip.

Regards,

Peter

I guess I'd better read first, post later. Just posted a link to
another site, skipper2skipper.com

It would be nice if these two sites united somehow. Would you like
perhaps to contact the owner of the other site?

Peter wrote:
Hi newsgoup,

maybe it is interesting for someone: the international version of
SkipperGuide, a interactive, online cruising guide just started he

http://www.skipperguide.com

Peter wrote:
It seems, that there are already some unions from other sites ;-)

Unfortunately the owner of skipper2skipper seems to prefer working in
underground - I can't find any contact details or other background
informations about the website.
If you know him, you can tell him to contact me if he like.

I told him the minute I saw your post. He said he'll consider this. I
hope this goes through, as a single source will be much more valuable
than multiple sources.

MICRO CRUISING GUIDE Mic Cruising 1 June 27th 05 10:28 AM
FS: Cuba A Cruising Guide by Nigel Calder [email protected] Cruising 38 March 19th 05 06:26 PM
Lake Erie Cruising Guide Erie Bound Cruising 2 March 18th 05 10:36 AM
Online Cruising Guide Rob Cruising 0 February 16th 05 09:49 PM
Sailboat Trash Cruising Guide Parallax Cruising 7 October 22nd 03 05:34 AM