Bobsprit

Default Mapping GPS Questions

The GPS 76 Map is my second mapping unit and we are finding it generally
excellent. This unit comes with the lights and bouys built in.
However, I was a bit surprised that the unit shows markers, but not their
numbers. For instance, the unit will show a nav-aid as Flashing Red, but no #
is supplied. Is something set wrong (that I don't see)? While on a short
cruise, we used the built in map along with the charts with great success, but
#s would have made it even better.
Anyone familiar with these units?

Thanks,

Capt RB

Dave Erickson

The Garmin Waterway and Lights CD chart data also has no buoy designations.
I thought it might be because they tend to change. To do a 100% verification
I do a quick check of the buoy's Lat/Long against a paper chart.

BlueCharts have them, I understand.

BTW does anyone use BlueCharts on a GPS162 or 168? Is the refresh rate OK?

Thanks,

Dave Erickson

Apache 37 "Second Sojourn"
http://www.djerickson.com for lots of ICW and Bahamas photos

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The GPS 76 Map is my second mapping unit and we are finding it generally
excellent. This unit comes with the lights and bouys built in.
However, I was a bit surprised that the unit shows markers, but not their
numbers. For instance, the unit will show a nav-aid as Flashing Red, but

no #
is supplied. Is something set wrong (that I don't see)? While on a short
cruise, we used the built in map along with the charts with great success,

but
#s would have made it even better.
Anyone familiar with these units?

Thanks,

Capt RB

Rick Morel

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:36:31 GMT, "Dave Erickson"
wrote:

The Garmin Waterway and Lights CD chart data also has no buoy designations.
I thought it might be because they tend to change. To do a 100% verification
I do a quick check of the buoy's Lat/Long against a paper chart.

Yes it does. On Mapsource you have to right click on the bouy, then
select "Feature Properties". On the Gps, move the curor over the bouy
and hit "Enter/Mark".

Rick

S/V Final Step
http://www.morelr.com/coronado/
Bill Shaw

BTW does anyone use BlueCharts on a GPS162 or 168? Is the refresh rate OK?

Refresh rate?

Well, on my GPS Map 76 I wait forever for it to refresh ( ok, maybe about 15
seconds, which at 5 kts is forever).

Bill

Galena

W32 #511

Misc. Electrical / Dash Questions Douglas St. Clair General 4 April 1st 04 02:59 PM
Off the wall head questions chuck h General 8 December 13th 03 01:06 PM
One million questions Paul General 0 August 11th 03 03:14 AM
help wanted with two spreader questions Wilder Lewis Boat Building 0 July 11th 03 02:51 PM