Dave Erickson

Default Mapping GPS Questions

The Garmin Waterway and Lights CD chart data also has no buoy designations.
I thought it might be because they tend to change. To do a 100% verification
I do a quick check of the buoy's Lat/Long against a paper chart.

BlueCharts have them, I understand.

BTW does anyone use BlueCharts on a GPS162 or 168? Is the refresh rate OK?

Thanks,

Dave Erickson

Apache 37 "Second Sojourn"
http://www.djerickson.com for lots of ICW and Bahamas photos

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The GPS 76 Map is my second mapping unit and we are finding it generally
excellent. This unit comes with the lights and bouys built in.
However, I was a bit surprised that the unit shows markers, but not their
numbers. For instance, the unit will show a nav-aid as Flashing Red, but

no #
is supplied. Is something set wrong (that I don't see)? While on a short
cruise, we used the built in map along with the charts with great success,

but
#s would have made it even better.
Anyone familiar with these units?

Thanks,