Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
peter kaiser

Default taking people on your cruse-leagal question

dear reader
On 8/20/ I had the question concerning "captain licence" for this group.
thanks for the answers. Put I need some more perspectives on this matter.
Lets say I take some people on board and they pay some money. money for
foot/gas/portfees. the vessel has a BVI flag I am German. I have no licence
as a captain in no country. I know what I do by Self learning and
books/newsgroups etc. how is my leagal situation. I am not insured. Only
when I damage another boat.
I would like to take people on board from time to time but don t know the
risk. There are always people looking for crew or charter. can I take them
and how can I prodect my interests.
thanks
peter
My boat is AWAB and I will be back in Guatemala end of september
www.awab.net