Default Needs advice on "Turbo" engine for Sealine F33 ... HELP PLEASE !!!

We haven't used our boat for about 2 months and today the starboard
engine wouldn't power up properly. The marina manager suggests that it may
simply be a "sticky" turbo. Don't know what that means ??? We are new to
boating.

Does anyone know of a simple fix for this problem? Any advice is very much
appreciated.

Linda

David.Parry wrote:
We haven't used our boat for about 2 months and today the starboard
engine wouldn't power up properly. The marina manager suggests that it may
simply be a "sticky" turbo. Don't know what that means ??? We are new to
boating.

Does anyone know of a simple fix for this problem? Any advice is very much
appreciated.

Linda

I suspect they beleave the turbo is not spinning. I beleave you can
pull off the air intake, when the engine is cold, and off, and with a
finger see if the turbo spins freely. Their may just be some soot on
the outlet side holding it. If it's stuck, and you can get it to spin
freely with your fingers your probably OK. But don't try to force it,
if it's really stuck I would remove it and bring it to a shop, it could
have a bad bearing. You might want to try "www.boatdiesel.com" for
some advice, their's some really good people there.

John