SWilliams

Default Rosario?

Anybody taken their boat to Rosario Resort in the last year or two? Can you
compare your most recent trip with one of 5-10 years ago from a boating
perspective?

Paul Lutus

SWilliams wrote:

Anybody taken their boat to Rosario Resort in the last year or two? Can
you compare your most recent trip with one of 5-10 years ago from a
boating perspective?

Can you be specific? I live near there and I drop in on them from time to
time. The people are still friendly and the local hikes are fun. What
specifically did you weant to know?

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

jps

"SWilliams" wrote in message
Anybody taken their boat to Rosario Resort in the last year or two? Can

you
compare your most recent trip with one of 5-10 years ago from a boating
perspective?

Still windy.

On the non-boating side, still more expensive than justified. Food at
restaurant is still good especially the dinner buffet. Deer still friendly.

SWilliams

The purpose for my question is that for a very long time, we hit Rosario
once or twice each year by boat from our berth in Bellingham. There were
always at least two dock boys and a slip master bending over backwards to
help and welcome. They maintained numerous mooring buoys and plenty of good
anchoring, and they offered a free tender you could call with a blast on
your horn or call on your VHF. They made it very clear they wanted boats and
boaters and boaters' money. We were courted, appreciated and pampered, and
we loved our time there.
Our last visit was August 1999. There was no help on the docks, registering
was made to be extremely inconvenient, and we had to significantly invest in
expensive add-ons to get access to what had been included resort areas and
activities. We got the distinct impression that they would have been much
happier to see us if we had come by car or float plane and rented one of
their rooms or condos...
So, I'm trying to find out how Rosario is treating boats and boaters now
relative to the mid-70's, all the 80's and most of the 90's...
Did we just hit them on a VERY BAD weekend, or should we continue to go
elsewhere?

Can you be specific? I live near there and I drop in on them from time to
time. The people are still friendly and the local hikes are fun. What
specifically did you weant to know?

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

SWilliams

More's the pity, indeed.

I'd be interested to see how things have changed too. My last visit
was in about 1999. At that time I just got a temporary tie up
at the fuel dock and my son and I ate lunch at the Cascade Bay cafe.
I didn't notice the level of assistance at the marina or
the occupation rate of the marina. I do suspect that, as
the resort seems to change hands regularly, it may have fallen
among boating philistines. More's the pity.