Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default A GPS Thought and a question ..

A previous post I was reading got me thinking about this :::::::

The GPS, say a Garmin ,, models like the 76. I know that if you have a lap
top and MAPTECH Offshore Navigator CD which comes with the chart book ..
whew ... anyway ,, the Garmin GPS will work as a receiver for position the
the Offshore Navigator software will act as the chart ,,, so you will know
where you are on the chart and all.

I like the idea. I have MAPTECH charts and the CD. I can get a Garmin GPS
.. But and here is the big BUT;;

What about the Laptop? Where would a sailboat keep it so it didn't get wet?
What laptop? What is a good model to use for this purpose?

I'm sure one of you cruising sailors has done this ... could you explain how
it works, what computer you use, where you keep the computer when on the
water, and generally how the whole process works for you.

Thanks

My seamanship question # 7 Ellen MacArthur ASA 7 September 18th 06 03:27 PM
Can anyone answer a question about Mercruiser Alpha one outdrive water seals D.B. General 11 May 6th 04 12:19 AM
Question about GPS antennas. Ron Patterson Cruising 10 December 15th 03 01:30 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM