Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default tiller pilot capabilities ?

Looking at the stats on... for example the Simrad Tiller Pilots 10,20,30...
I see that the thrust difference between
the least and most capable is 44 lbs., which is a 24% variation from least
to most [143-187].

The Simrad recommendation on boat length is from 33 - 39 feet, and
displacement from 8140 - 14000 lbs.

My question is:
given the above, is the real-world difference for a typical
35'-40' sailboat that one pilot will simply
'do it' faster than the lower powered, OR will the 143 lbs
of thrust not do the job but the 187 will...
according to Simrad's specs ?

I do assume there is some length/displacement combinations for which
Simrad's specifications would be strictly true,
of course, but..... as a real-world matter, what experience have group
members found applicable ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney

Which tiller pilot? Chris Boat Building 4 April 25th 06 08:00 PM
Which tiller pilot? Chris Cruising 1 April 22nd 06 09:31 AM
Manual tiller pilot navicoTP5000 gemini Electronics 2 May 13th 05 05:53 PM
Using a Tiller Pilot FamilySailor ASA 22 September 8th 04 01:03 AM
Tiller Pilot Linear ram. RichH Electronics 0 July 3rd 03 04:13 PM