Default That thin radiant barrier/insulation stuff

Here you go!

http://www.heatshieldmarine.com/

MW

Could be mistaken, but I think there was a discussion here a while back that
this stuff is not as effective as claimed. Perhaps the argument was that
radiant heat is only part of the equation.

oups.com...

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Could be mistaken, but I think there was a discussion here a while back
that this stuff is not as effective as claimed. Perhaps the argument was
that radiant heat is only part of the equation.

For my part, I intend to use the radiant barrier stuff closest to the
fiberglass, then put a layer of styrofoam insulation board with its own
aluminum coating. I've only got about 3/4 of an inch that I can insulate,
but I figure that this will give me the best I can get.

Yeah, but watch the static electricity. You wouldn't believe how much can
build up.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

et...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Yeah, but watch the static electricity. You wouldn't believe how much can
build up.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Could be mistaken, but I think there was a discussion here a while back
that this stuff is not as effective as claimed. Perhaps the argument was
that radiant heat is only part of the equation.

For my part, I intend to use the radiant barrier stuff closest to the
fiberglass, then put a layer of styrofoam insulation board with its own
aluminum coating. I've only got about 3/4 of an inch that I can insulate,
but I figure that this will give me the best I can get.

Interesting point. I guess I could hook it up to a capacitor and make some
use or other of it...

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Yeah, but watch the static electricity. You wouldn't believe how much can
build up.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Could be mistaken, but I think there was a discussion here a while back
that this stuff is not as effective as claimed. Perhaps the argument
was that radiant heat is only part of the equation.

For my part, I intend to use the radiant barrier stuff closest to the
fiberglass, then put a layer of styrofoam insulation board with its own
aluminum coating. I've only got about 3/4 of an inch that I can
insulate, but I figure that this will give me the best I can get.

Interesting point. I guess I could hook it up to a capacitor and make some
use or other of it...

I just about jumped high enough to hit the top of garage when I got
zapped... nasty. After the first few zaps, I finally learned my lesson,
lesson, lesson. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
Interesting point. I guess I could hook it up to a capacitor and make
some use or other of it...

I just about jumped high enough to hit the top of garage when I got
zapped... nasty. After the first few zaps, I finally learned my lesson,
lesson, lesson. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I suppose a more reasonable solution would be to run a ground wire to the
foil insulation material, eh? But I sure hate to see spare amps go to
waste... :-)

Results of bozo bin... Comcast News General 2 August 26th 04 08:34 AM
Thin speakers John Cruising 2 March 16th 04 01:03 AM
Thin speakers John Electronics 3 March 16th 04 01:03 AM
(OT) One more non political -- Stuff to send our guys and gals Jim General 19 March 12th 04 06:28 PM
Hey that Zformula stuff killed my boat odors! Mr. Thomas Cruising 0 August 16th 03 07:44 PM