Default Boat Transport needed

I want to move my boat from Woodbridge, VA (Potomac River) to Chaumont, NY
(Lake Ontario). The boat is currently docked on the Potomac. I have a
trailer and am looking for a reliable company to transport this boat for me.
I could do it, but it would require me to spend many dollars in upgrading my
jeep with air shocks and the like and rather just pay someone to transport
it to my summer home in upstate NY. Does anyone know of a reliable company
that can do this for me at a reasonable rate?

Thanks all!

"Robert Burkard" wrote in message
I want to move my boat from Woodbridge, VA (Potomac River) to Chaumont, NY
(Lake Ontario). The boat is currently docked on the Potomac. I have a
trailer and am looking for a reliable company to transport this boat for
me. I could do it, but it would require me to spend many dollars in
upgrading my jeep with air shocks and the like and rather just pay someone
to transport it to my summer home in upstate NY. Does anyone know of a
reliable company that can do this for me at a reasonable rate?

Thanks all!

When I moved Escapade from Long Beach to Green Bay, Carroll Fulmer Logistics
did the actual lifting and moving, and did a good job at a reasonable price.
You might get a quote from them. Scheduling the actual move is another
matter. I didn't get a confirmed move date from them until something like a
week before the move.

http://www.cfulmer.com/cflc_website/...f?opendatabase

"Robert Burkard" wrote in

I want to move my boat from Woodbridge, VA (Potomac River) to
Chaumont, NY (Lake Ontario).

Geez, man, you're going THE WRONG WAY for September!

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

The ice fishing is GREAT up there, but I don't want to have to get my feet
cold!

Actually, I live in Virginia and have a summer home in upstate NY. It just
seemed that there was never enough time to get out on the boat for sustained
outings with work, family, church and other obligations. If I move it back
to the summer home, at least I'll be able to plan a vacation up north next
summer and PLAN for some serious fun.

"Robert Burkard" wrote in

Actually, I live in Virginia and have a summer home in upstate NY. It
just seemed that there was never enough time to get out on the boat
for sustained outings with work, family, church and other obligations.
If I move it back to the summer home, at least I'll be able to plan a
vacation up north next summer and PLAN for some serious fun.

Ouch! Way too busy a life for boats. Sorry you're so wound up in it all
you can't enjoy life. I used to work hard and collect "things". Then, I
finally figured out that the debt to buy the things is why I had to be a
slave. Once I got out of the debt, I no longer needed to get up at 4AM
and drive in the traffic to pay my debts and the debts of those I worked
for. Now, I don't "do debt". I work when I want, not when "they" want.

Well, have to go. I'm meeting my old ham buddies at Hardees restaurant
for breakfast at 10. I might work on a guitar amp a guy brought me,
yesterday, an old Fender tube amp. That'll replenish the pot from the
$243 I spent on maintenance and a new motor mount for the diesel V-8 in
my stepvan from yesterday. C'ya.

Just for fun, calculate how many hours you work today to pay interest on
any debts you have. Post it over your workstation and recalculate it
periodically to update the figure. Work hard to make it read ZERO, then
tell the company you're not coming in tomorrow because you're going
boating with your kids or some other former debt slaves are coming and
bringing the beer. When you get out on the water, yell in my direction
and let me know you're out there. I'm in Charleston, SC. I'll hear you,
if even only in my mind....(c;

No, you don't need a new car. You need to fix the old car, which screws
several layers of tax bureaucrats out of stealing your money......(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Rent a u-haul truck with a hitch.
- Allen

Robert Burkard wrote:
Trailer is good to make the trip. Just trailered down here from new york in
June of this year. Just want to make the trip back now.

"Ron Knapik" wrote in message

My brother-in-law offered me his new Dodge Ram pickup a couple of years
ago when I was concerned about a 800 mile tow bringing my new sailboat
home. Glad I took him up on it. Do you know anyone who might loan you
a better tow vehicle?

We had our boat trailered out by a nice retired couple who took good
care of it and transported it from Kentucky to Washington State. Their
rate was a bit higher than some other bidders, but we felt they offered
a better, more experienced and adequately insured service: Robert &
Frances Bolton, cell # 435-590-3728. They have a web page:

http://rofrantransport.blogspot.com/

We solicited bids via: www.findahauler.com and www.uship.com

Larry Nelke

Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM