Default Azores

A friend has asked if I have any marina recommendations for the Azores
- they are planning to sail there from Halifax. I don't know anything
about it. Does anyone have any Azores suggestions?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:11:48 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

A friend has asked if I have any marina recommendations for the Azores
- they are planning to sail there from Halifax. I don't know anything
about it. Does anyone have any Azores suggestions?

==========================

The boats from the 2004 Trans Atlantic Trawler Rally stayed at the
Horta Marina.

http://tinyurl.com/hp395

It is a modern 200 boat facility.

Rosalie B. wrote:
A friend has asked if I have any marina recommendations for the Azores
- they are planning to sail there from Halifax. I don't know anything
about it. Does anyone have any Azores suggestions?

There's a good marina at Ponta Delgada, San Miguel. Most of the
Atlantic-crossers seem to hang out there.

Dennis.

Dennis Pogson wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:
A friend has asked if I have any marina recommendations for the Azores
- they are planning to sail there from Halifax. I don't know anything
about it. Does anyone have any Azores suggestions?

There's a good marina at Ponta Delgada, San Miguel. Most of the
Atlantic-crossers seem to hang out there.

Dennis.

I might be making the Halifax - Azores crossing myself next year. I've
only ever been to Ponta Delgado (on San Miguel) and that was fine,
efficient, clean, cheap.
But Horta is nearer and if you've been stuck in the windless Azores High
and are getting short of diesel, it might seem a good place to stop.
It's a well tried, regular stopping place and I've never heard
complaints.