S/V Tranquility

Default Chain regalvanizing

Hi all,

I know I have seen references to companies who regalvanize anchor chain, but
can't seem to locate them using Google. I am in the Central Florida area
and have about 300' of chain and 2 anchors which need regalvanizing. Any
help on the terminology to use when dealing with one of these companies
would be appreciated.

Doug
S/V Tranquility

Keith

Try http://www.galvanizeit.org/. Look under "members".

--

Keith
__
"S/V Tranquility" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi all,

I know I have seen references to companies who regalvanize anchor chain,

but
can't seem to locate them using Google. I am in the Central Florida area
and have about 300' of chain and 2 anchors which need regalvanizing. Any
help on the terminology to use when dealing with one of these companies
would be appreciated.

Doug
S/V Tranquility

Lew Hodgett

"S/V Tranquility" writes:

I know I have seen references to companies who regalvanize anchor chain,

but
can't seem to locate them using Google. I am in the Central Florida area
and have about 300' of chain and 2 anchors which need regalvanizing.

Forget Google, time for Wolley Segap.

Should be able to find a galvanizing shop in the Tampa area.

BTW, if this is hi-test, G-40 for example, shop will need to know.

Regalvanizing heat treated chain is a tad tricky.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

S/V Tranquility

Thanks Keith, I believe your link was the site I was looking for.

Anchor Chain Report DSK Cruising 11 June 20th 10 12:05 AM
All chain rode is for old men JAXAshby General 149 February 14th 05 03:08 PM
How much does chain stretch and is it important? JAXAshby General 30 May 16th 04 03:30 AM
All chain rode is for old men 2 Florida Keyz General 3 May 14th 04 01:31 AM
Chain plate fastening Neil Boat Building 4 January 4th 04 08:38 PM