Default Inflatable Zodiac repair

I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are there
any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this significant?
Thx for the help... John

Jim Jim is offline

Jet Red wrote:
I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are there
any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this significant?
Thx for the help... John

Since a Zodiac is made by gluing a bunch of pieces together, there is no
damage that cannot be repaired.

Never try to invent a method of repair.

Contact a good inflatable boat dealer (such as Tradewinds
www.twimarine.com) Buy a can of glue and a piece of material and follow
the directions.

Here's some more info.
http://www.rivermarine.com/ZODIAC/ZOD13.HTM

Jim Jim is offline

Jim wrote:

Jet Red wrote:

I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are
there any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this
significant? Thx for the help... John

Since a Zodiac is made by gluing a bunch of pieces together, there is no
damage that cannot be repaired.

Never try to invent a method of repair.

Contact a good inflatable boat dealer (such as Tradewinds
www.twimarine.com) Buy a can of glue and a piece of material and follow
the directions.

Here's some more info.
http://www.rivermarine.com/ZODIAC/ZOD13.HTM

By the way, I once bought an inflatable that had a 22 pound Danforth
stuck through it when it was folded up.

I followed the directions I was given by Tradewinds, the repair worked
beautifully. They have a great repair guy who gives good advice.

Jet Red writes:

I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long.

PVC or Hypalon or what?

"Jet Red" wrote in message
m...
I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are there
any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this
significant? Thx for the help... John

I don't know if I'd bother with those special purpose, ie. expensive,
inflatable repair glues. The latest repair I did on my PVC Bombard used 3M
4200 and the patch is stuck on fine. Previous attempts with the special
glues were less successful even though I followed the directions, primed the
surfaces, etc.
If it were my boat I'd coat a large patch with 4200, slip it inside the
deflated boat and position it to cover the slit. Weight the boat down with
books or whatever to make it lie flat and leave it for a week. Then coat a
small patch with 4200 and place it on the outside to cover the slight.
Probably end up being the strongest part of the boat.

"Gordon Wedman" wrote in

"Jet Red" wrote in message
m...
I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are
there any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this
significant? Thx for the help... John

I don't know if I'd bother with those special purpose, ie. expensive,
inflatable repair glues. The latest repair I did on my PVC Bombard used
3M 4200 and the patch is stuck on fine. Previous attempts with the
special glues were less successful even though I followed the
directions, primed the surfaces, etc.
If it were my boat I'd coat a large patch with 4200, slip it inside the
deflated boat and position it to cover the slit. Weight the boat down
with books or whatever to make it lie flat and leave it for a week.
Then coat a small patch with 4200 and place it on the outside to cover
the slight. Probably end up being the strongest part of the boat.

Given the choice between 4200 and a glue designed for the material that your
dinghy is made of, go with the specific glue. And get the 2 part glue. I
find it holds better than the 1 part.

-- Geoff

Jet Red wrote:
I tore a hole in my inflatable dingy that is about a foot long. Are there
any repair kits on the market that allow repair of a wound this significant?
Thx for the help... John

I have a zodiac inflatable myself that I put a small tear into. I
followed the instructions on the following website which helped me. The
system worked well (thus far)

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/INFO/INFOGLUE.html

-B

www.boatersbasement.com

Valve repair on inflatable water toys megladon General 0 May 19th 06 05:52 PM
PVC inflatable repair rhys Boat Building 1 June 12th 04 12:06 PM
PVC inflatable repair rhys Cruising 1 June 12th 04 12:06 PM
Inflatable Boat Repair Brada ASA 3 April 26th 04 11:56 PM
FS: ZODIAC INFLATABLE FOR PARTS IN MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 March 18th 04 04:47 PM