rhys

Default PVC inflatable repair

Hello, folks.

I repaired a leaking sponson on my ten year old PVC (not Hypalon)
Zodiac Yachtline 1 RIB today by replacing the valve. Seems to work.
However, while the sponson was deflated (and this is in the water,
mind you), I noticed the top black circular "patch" connecting the
transom to the sponson had partially lifted away.

I am aware this is Not a Good Thing.

Now, I have a tube of Zodiac patch glue, and while I may work with
that to effect a quick repair, is there any standard adhesive (4200,
291, 5200) that is appropriate for tacking this patch down until, say,
the end of the season?

I have the fitted Zodiac cover, so UV degradation shouldn't be an
issue. I am on Lake Ontario, so salt isn't, either. I run a '80s Honda
BF100 longshaft off the transom.

I am aware that I should take this to a pro, but I would rather do
this in winter, assuming I can safety "patch" the problem until fall.

Thanks,
R.
Garland Gray II

I have successfully used a two part 3M plastic (I think that's how it's
labeled) adhesive on a Zodiac I used to own. I've seen it only in a small
package w/ 2 small tubes, so if you need more it probably would be cheaper
to get PVC inflatable glue from West M or other.
"rhys" wrote in message
[...]

PVC inflatable repair rhys Boat Building 1 June 12th 04 12:06 PM
Inflatable Boat Repair andrea Cruising 20 April 4th 04 06:12 PM
Inflatable Boat Repair andrea General 4 April 4th 04 05:00 PM
Inflatable Boat Repair andrea Boat Building 4 April 4th 04 05:00 PM