Default Mercruiser 5.7XL

Group:

I am considering adding a fuel transponder to my engine linked to my Navman
5500 chartplotter. But, the tech info for the transponder says the minimum
fuel flow must be over 1.3 gph. Can anyone tell me what the minimum fuel
flow for a Mercruiser 5.7L XL inboard is? TIA!

"JBeck" wrote in message
Group:

I am considering adding a fuel transponder to my engine linked to my
Navman
5500 chartplotter. But, the tech info for the transponder says the
minimum
fuel flow must be over 1.3 gph. Can anyone tell me what the minimum fuel
flow for a Mercruiser 5.7L XL inboard is? TIA!

This is just a guess, but I think your engine burns more than that at idle.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"JBeck" wrote in message
Group:

I am considering adding a fuel transponder to my engine linked to my
Navman
5500 chartplotter. But, the tech info for the transponder says the
minimum
fuel flow must be over 1.3 gph. Can anyone tell me what the minimum fuel
flow for a Mercruiser 5.7L XL inboard is? TIA!

This is just a guess, but I think your engine burns more than that at
idle.

LOL ! Probably right!

This engine is a marine version of Ford's 350 cu in / 5.7L V8, which might
be easier to find fuel flow data on. In any case, even at trolling speed
you're likely using more than your transponder minimum.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Ron,

I stand corrected - you're right, of course.

....which I might add doesn't change the fact that the fuel flow rates will
be comparable.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

"Ron Knapik" wrote in message
5.7 350 is a GM. The 351 5.8 is a ford.

"Mike Harris" wrote in message
et...
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater Cruising 0 February 8th 06 05:39 PM
Question about older Mercruiser inboard Lenny Stover General 9 July 14th 04 12:51 PM
Question about older Mercruiser inboard Lenny Stover General 0 July 10th 04 08:13 PM
? Mercruiser oil vs synethic oil frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:42 PM
Mercruiser dies ..Help Tony Alcocer General 0 July 25th 03 07:20 PM