Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Cool Mate CLM12KC Air Conditioner power draw

This weekend I measured the actual power draw on
our Cool Mate CLM12K (12,000 BTU) air conditioner
and found that it was drawing 12 amps at 124V AC
instead of the 9.1 amps claimed on the Dometic
website.

http://www.marineair.com/pdfs/L-2124.pdf

Is there something wrong with my unit, or is it
just a case of "specmanship". I'm wondering if
the spec sheet power may be for the unit itself
without the necessary sea water pump running.

12 amps is 33% higher than the spec.

Anyone know?

Don W.