Default Power Inverters

I'm new to the group and fairly new to boating. I've just purchased a
Wellcraft 210 Suncruiser and I've got a spare new battery (800 cold cranking
amps) and would like to run a power inverter off of it to run a small fan
and maybe a boom box. Nothing special or overpowering. A couple of
questions. I'll be removing this battery for charging each time I take the
boat out. Is it wise to keep the battery in the cuddy cabin when in use?
Does anyone have some good experience with inverters and can recommend a
good brand? I assume that the inverter hooks directly up to the battery,
yes? Thanks all!