dog dog is offline

Default Copper ring report

On 2006-07-11 07:52:48 -0400, Larry said:

"Roger Long" wrote in news:eKCsg.81212$3B.56316
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I think this really works. I wonder if there is some way to copper
sheath a fiberglass hull?

And, if we sheath the whole thing, we'll have enough electrolysis
current to charge the batteries!.....(c;

You might want to look at coppercoat.com or c-guard.co.uk which offer a
hard epoxy-based paint with a very high copper content. I am about to
apply coppercoat on my boat. It is supposed to be good for ten years
or more.

On 11 Jul 2006 20:25:40 -0700, wrote:

Thanks a bunch Wayne, great info. I am trying to track down some
original paper work or manuals if possible.

You want to thank Dave. I agree on the motor well, they must be
ventilated in some way with the out board running.

On 2006-07-11 07:52:48 -0400, Larry said:

"Roger Long" wrote in news:eKCsg.81212$3B.56316
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I think this really works. I wonder if there is some way to copper
sheath a fiberglass hull?

And, if we sheath the whole thing, we'll have enough electrolysis
current to charge the batteries!.....(c;

You might want to look at coppercoat.com or c-guard.co.uk which offer a
hard epoxy-based paint with a very high copper content. I am about to
apply coppercoat on my boat. It is supposed to be good for ten years
or more.

If anyone is interested I have just run across a Ceramic based paint
that does not allow bottom growth. It has been tested in Florida where
growth is known to grow fast. After applied growth disappears as soon
as the vessel is under way. Please let me know if you are interested.
Samples are available.

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is coppercoat legal in US waters? I note that they do not have a US
distributor.

Yes, I'm interested in the Ceramic based paint. Please let us know the
details.

Mike

You might want to look at coppercoat.com or c-guard.co.uk which offer a
hard epoxy-based paint with a very high copper content. I am about to
apply coppercoat on my boat. It is supposed to be good for ten years
or more.

If anyone is interested I have just run across a Ceramic based paint
that does not allow bottom growth. It has been tested in Florida where
growth is known to grow fast. After applied growth disappears as soon
as the vessel is under way. Please let me know if you are interested.
Samples are available.

A quick google found these:

http://www.ceram-kote.com/products/index.htm

http://www.csc.noaa.gov/cz/2005/CZ05...s/JohnsonL.pdf

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Good morning (here, anyway...)

Capt. JG wrote:

A quick google found these:

http://www.ceram-kote.com/products/index.htm

http://www.csc.noaa.gov/cz/2005/CZ05...s/JohnsonL.pdf

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Reading the report, I sure wish they'd tested with "ordinary" bottom
paints as controls.

All I really got out of this report is that the more often you clean
your bottom (who dives their boat 2 or more times a month????) the
better it keeps stuff off.

Duh.

L8R

Skip

PS in a past life I was part of a demonstration project. The
government usually has huge controls, great oversight, and enormously
tedious reporting. This demonstration project was amazingly small...

Yeah, I'd like to see a link to the paint in question...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good morning (here, anyway...)

Capt. JG wrote:

A quick google found these:

http://www.ceram-kote.com/products/index.htm

http://www.csc.noaa.gov/cz/2005/CZ05...s/JohnsonL.pdf

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Reading the report, I sure wish they'd tested with "ordinary" bottom
paints as controls.

All I really got out of this report is that the more often you clean
your bottom (who dives their boat 2 or more times a month????) the
better it keeps stuff off.

Duh.

L8R

Skip

PS in a past life I was part of a demonstration project. The
government usually has huge controls, great oversight, and enormously
tedious reporting. This demonstration project was amazingly small...

dog dog is offline

AFAIK, CopperCoat is legal in the US. The mfg said that they are in
negotiations with a US-based distributor, but currently do not have one.

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
REQ: Crack for Maxsea V10 patrice Tall Ships 1 August 2nd 03 01:53 AM