AMPowers

Default Johnson 6.5 Outboard

Dear folks,

I've come across an outboard motor and I am unable to find any
information about it on the Johnson/Evinrude website, which was
surprising to me but I have little experience with the company or its
products.

I would like to find the owner's manual and any other information about
the engine that I can, but I'm not sure where to look. There is a model
number on the side (BJ7RSG) and a serial number (B 08947997) and the
cover has 6.5 printed on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to look up details about
this engine?

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you might have.

Cheers,

Robb
Ken Heaton

Try this link:

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/...1-present.html

It appears your motor is a:
B - Belgium
J - Johnson (the same company also made Evenrude)
7 - 7 Hp (I know it says 6.5 on the cover but it is probably based on the 7
HP motor)
RS - Rope Start Commercial
G - Special Styling

--