Default Hypnosis for Seasickness - was Seasickness

Solo Thesailor wrote
4) My latest investigation is.... If the condition is at least partly
in the mind, then surely having a hypnotherapist on board should work
wonders?? They can cure even smoke addiction so this should be a
breeze.

Sailaway wrote:

Hi Solo,
I call 'em all hypnotists, cause that's essentially what they all do.
One last thing, if keeping your change is a concern for you, then a
strong suggestion is to learn self-hypnosis. Once you've done
traditional hypnosis, learning to do it on yourself is easy. Had a
client some years ago who I didn't know had motion sickness until a few
weeks after I had taught her self hypnosis. She told me one day she did
the self hypnosis just before a limo ride and never got sick, something
that would have brought on a severe case of it beforehand.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Thank you Sailaway. A progress report: A couple of people here (skipper
and wife) said they did have some improvement several years back. After
some research I booked myself in with a "Clinical Hypnotherapist,
Counsellor - Psychotherapist" of some standing. Attended 2 sessions so
far. Today it included self-hypnosis as well as the eye-movement
desensitising method (I forgot the official name). I will attend at
least one more session. Should be in time for my Vanuatu to Australia
voyage.

Solo Thesailor
http://sailingstoriesandtips.blogspot.com