Default Bukh Diesel DV24

Someone did reply to my original post re decompression but said post has now
disappeared and my reply to them has not appeared here either.
This is just to thank them for their reply.
Cheers
TDW

Sorry for not keeping up. I sold my old Swan a few months ago and I
just cruise this site to feel like I am still in the game.
I saw your last posting and to answer, the lever was on the
forward side of the head. I occasionally would bump it while doing
other servicing, it would make a pretty strange noise with I would try
to start it with the lever over. It seems like the flywheel was so
huge, that most my energy went into getting it started turning. I would
then just put in a little more effort to get it going faster, then flip
the lever. There was so much momentum in the flywheel, that there was
no hurry to hit the lever, and little chance that it wouldn't start.
It had bad compression and the transmission was toast, so I
replaced it with a Yanmar 3YM. That in combination with the folding 3
blade prop made a huge improvement. It worked great, other then a rod
trying to abandon ship though the block in Cabo after the 2004 HAHA.
Fortunately Yanmar paid for everything to be fixed in Cabo.

I have a site of our trip at Harlanadventures.com

Keep sailing
John

Hand Starting Bukh Diesel Cruising 2 June 7th 06 01:20 AM
Marine algae derived enzymes as diesel catalysts.......... [email protected] General 1 May 23rd 06 05:15 AM
FS-Yanmar 9 Hp Diesel Inboard motor used located in Cocoa Beach,Florida Dennis Marketplace 0 April 18th 06 10:01 PM
Marine diesel fuel gus General 4 April 10th 06 05:32 AM
Bleeding a diesel engine Gogarty Cruising 13 December 25th 05 08:40 PM