Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Question for tri sailors

Most of the monohull sailors that I know who have sailed cats, complain
that the combined bow waves meet under the bridge deck creating a very
uncomfortable pounding. This effect is said to worsen as wave height
increases. It would seem that the higher off the water the bridge deck
the less this would be of concern but there are obvious limits to this
approach.

My question- Is this an issue with tri's I would also be interested
in input from cat sailors as to how much this is an issue with their
boat and is the only solution increased height for the bridge deck?

thanks sk