Bryan

Default Glenn Ashmore

Have not seen updates at Glenns site. Anyone know what is going on?

Glenn Ashmore

I plead guilty to website neglect. While I have lots of pictures to post,
between building the boat and trying to earn enough money to pay for it I
just haven't had time to update it.

To summarize the progress, the engine is installed but it is the new JH4
which runs at 3000 RPM WOT and requires a 20" prop rather than 3800 with an
18" prop like the JH3 I had planned on so I had to grind out the prop strut
and move it back 4" to get clearance for the larger prop. Not easy when
you have to squeeze into the lazerette and lay on the fuel tanks to get to
it. The good part is that it forced me to loose about 15 pounds so I could
fit in there.

Traveler arch is installed, faired and primed. Cockpit is closed up and
cabin top is faired and primed. Teak side decking is started but will take
most of the summer to finish. All electrical and plumbing is done including
ripping out the 2/0 to the big house alternator and replacing it with
350MCM. Plumbing is complete except setting the fixtures. Bow rollers/stem
fitting is complete, polished and fitted in place. All hatches and
portlights are fitted but will not be bedded until the cabin top is painted.
Refrigerator and freezer are installed along with their compressors.

From here on out, besides the teak side decks and companionway drop board
slots, it is all sanding and varnishing and details, details, details!

Not quite time to book the preacher and order the beer for the launching
party but as Gen. Westmoreland said, "there is light at the end of the
tunnel". :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Bryan" wrote in message
Have not seen updates at Glenns site. Anyone know what is going on?

Bryan

Wow!

Fantastic, glad to hear it is moving forward and the end is in sight for
you.

Fair winds,

Bryan

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
[...]