Junior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeigler View Post
We have an '86 Albin 40' with a single Lehman SP135 ( normally aspirated). has 12,100 hours and still purring. We are 3rd owners and was lucky to have very regular maintenance by 2 previous owners (which they logged religiously). Only major repair has been a transmission rebuild (current) and water pump, plus the normal replacement cycle on the heat exchangers and hoses.

As to the post regarding the number hours seen in the ads, I suspect that datum would be conveniently omitted in any posting if it was greater than 10,000.
Seems to me the number of hours on a diesel or any engine for that matter on a truck or on a boat can not be compared. Simply because a truck engine goes down hill up to 50% of its hours (not working) where as a boat engine is going up hill 100% of its hours (wokring) other than idling.
Then again I could be right.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeigler View Post
We have an '86 Albin 40' with a single Lehman SP135 ( normally aspirated). has 12,100 hours and still purring. We are 3rd owners and was lucky to have very regular maintenance by 2 previous owners (which they logged religiously). Only major repair has been a transmission rebuild (current) and water pump, plus the normal replacement cycle on the heat exchangers and hoses.

As to the post regarding the number hours seen in the ads, I suspect that datum would be conveniently omitted in any posting if it was greater than 10,000.
Changing out at 25,000 hrs still runs starts fine just beginning to show weakness.dpc