Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Long

Default Any VC 17M users?

I'm about to paint the bottom with another coat of Interlux VC 17 M.
The data sheet is a bit ambiguous. In one place it seems to say that
old paint should be sanded. In another is says sanding is not
necessary when the old paint is VC 17 M.

I think I remember the yard that put the VC 17 M over the VC 17 that
came with the boat saying that all that needed to be done is go over
the surface with a Scotch Brite pad.

Anybody out there successfully recoated with VC 17 M without sanding?

Last year's paint looks tight and solid. Sanding is a big deal in my
yard because we have to rent a vacuum sander and drape everything with
plastic.

--

Roger Long

Drive Saver/Spacer users sought Skip Gundlach Boat Building 20 April 3rd 06 06:11 PM
Ping: Firefox 1.5 users *JimH* General 1 December 10th 05 06:16 AM
For Digital SLR users... RG General 7 October 18th 05 04:05 PM
For Digital SLR users... P Fritz General 0 October 17th 05 09:25 PM