posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Skip Gundlach

Default Reefer upgraders take note

So as to avoid spam, I'll only point you to rec boats marketplace, where a
very good reefer hardware system in St. Pete FL is going for less than
freight to most places in the US...

--
L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Chris

That IS spam.
Nice try, though.

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Roger Long

But, it's good spam. I had room for a fridge, I would appreciate it.

For a commercial outfit to come here for some free advertising or
someone to post only a "For Sale" item is one thing. For a regular
contributor, it's a lot less objectionable than the political crap
that make finding the real point of some of the threads impossible.

--

Roger Long

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
That IS spam.
Nice try, though.

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Chris

Sure, I didn't say that it is horrible.

Skip, your writing reminds me more and more of Cicero:
Your epic voyage in boat buying, and now the spamming
Praeteritio. That little trick is well over 2000 years old.

Chris

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Skip Gundlach

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...

Skip, your writing reminds me more and more of Cicero:
Your epic voyage in boat buying, and now the spamming
Praeteritio.

Having gotten the other off my chest, I'm not sure whether to be flattered
or insulted :{))

Cicero isn't a bad guy to be remembered by, IMHO.

In any event, I'm looking forward to returning to the boat in a couple of
days and wrapping it up. Most likely, if there's no takers, as heavy as it
is, even though it's on a pallet (and thus reasonably shippable), I'll
prolly take it to Don's Salvage on consignment, and, eventually, it will all
sell.

So far as I can tell, there won't be anything else to sell from the boat,
and not much more for me to buy, for that matter, either, so this will be
just a prelude to the wrapping-up stories I hope to have the time to tell,
and the patience to deal with googlegroups (vs the threaded newsclient I use
at home, on my own system vs the wifi account someone is kindly hosting me
on) in order to post.

[...]

Glenn Ashmore

I hope the heck you don't start flaming me because in the winding down stage
I will have a ton of surplus that I intend to let this group know about
first regardless of any self appointed newsgroup cop. We are here to
support each other and than good advice I can think of no better way than to
offer access to ways to save $$$.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
That IS spam.
Nice try, though.

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Richard J Kinch

Glenn Ashmore writes:

I hope the heck you don't start flaming me because in the winding down
stage I will have a ton of surplus that I intend to let this group
know about first regardless of any self appointed newsgroup cop.

Posting items for sale topical to the newgroup isn't spamming.

Put "FA:" or "FS:" in the title, though.

Finally winding down, eh? Seems like your little project stretches back to
the beginnings of the Web itself. Someday I want to cast a bathtub full of
molten lead.
posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jim Conlin

Glenn,
Nobody has contributed more to the collective wisdom of his group than you.
You've been very generous with help. You deserve a lot of slack.
Sell it, baby!

Jim

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I hope the heck you don't start flaming me because in the winding down

stage
I will have a ton of surplus that I intend to let this group know about
first regardless of any self appointed newsgroup cop. We are here to
support each other and than good advice I can think of no better way than

offer access to ways to save $$$.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
That IS spam.
Nice try, though.

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Don W

Skip,

You might try listing it on EBAY. That would give you a
wider audience.

Just a thought,

Don W.