posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default On another note....

Thomas is doing great. Here's the latest...taken with the new 18-200 VR
Nikon lens....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/imag...egiskelly1.jpg

Everyone says he's the happiest baby they've ever seen...though he
looks like he's looking for trouble!

RB
35s5....the best baby gets the best boat in the 35s5!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Oh Rob,

Why did you put the girls shirt on him?

SB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Looks like Suzy, especially the smile.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thomas is doing great. Here's the latest...taken with the new 18-200 VR
Nikon lens....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/imag...egiskelly1.jpg

Everyone says he's the happiest baby they've ever seen...though he
looks like he's looking for trouble!

RB
35s5....the best baby gets the best boat in the 35s5!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Looks like Suzy, especially the smile.

Yup...lucky for him he doesn't look much like me!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Excellent Robert.... nice shot... backdrop or photshop?

Thanks, Mooron and Thom...

The background is a blue sofa, but the right side had a folded white
playpen and I cloned it out with Photoshop. This was taken with the new
18-200VR lens on my D70. I'm holding off on the new D200 due to bugs
reported by quite a lot of users.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thomas is doing great. Here's the latest...taken with the new 18-200 VR
Nikon lens....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/imag...egiskelly1.jpg

Nice resolution, from edge to edge. Is that a true Nikkor, or one from
another mfr. that they put their name on? I'm looking for a similar lens.

Cute kid--looks like his ma.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

my dog is cuter.

"Maxprop" wrote

Cute kid--looks like his ma.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Nice resolution, from edge to edge. Is that a true Nikkor, or one from

another mfr. that they put their name on? I'm looking for a similar
lens.

Max, as far as I know Nikon only rebadges the 70-300G lens and some of
their Chinese built lenses have poor build quality, but most others are
true Nikkors. The 18-200VR seemed too good to be true, but it does have
some issues. Distortion at the wide end, some light falloff in the
corners and it's not as sharp as my 1700 dollar 70-200VR lens of
course. But for general photography and a travel lens it's the best
lens on the market. My copy is sharp and contrasty. Bokeh is somewhat
poor, AF is very fast. It's a small lens, but it more than doubles it's
length when zoomed to 200mm. It's also capable 1:4 lifesize close focus
at 12 inches!!! It's really an amazing lens. Cost is around 750.00.
They are very hard to get with a long waiting list at present.

RB
35s5
NY