Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Len

Default RIB's. experiences? advice?

For long term cruising we want to buy a rib, around 3,25 meters, with
a 15 hp outboard.

Important criterium for us is llifespan, in other words:UV-resistance.
At the moment we're looking at two neoprene ribs: 1) Joker Boats from
Italy.They give a 10 year warranty on the tissue and the glue. 2)
African Cats from the Netherlands, kevlar/carbon bottom, they use
hypalion. Hypalion gives 5 years warranty.

Another criterium : suited for scuba diving from the rib.
Joker 315 weighs 53 kg. No problem to get aboard with bottle removed
and floating. African Cats 335 weighs 24 kg (nice for the davits) but
won't this low weight become a nuisance when climbing in from the
side?

Anyone here with long-term experience?

Thanks in advance.
Len.

Woodstrip canoe advice Alex Boat Building 5 March 20th 06 02:41 AM
Boat Float experiences Jack General 2 March 2nd 06 08:08 PM
need advice on purchasing a used trawler cap208 Cruising 2 February 21st 06 05:38 AM
Advice on obtaining a workspace for building David Manthey Boat Building 4 January 31st 06 05:24 AM
can I use pine for steambended ribs? [email protected] Boat Building 9 January 13th 06 11:37 AM