Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tamaroak

Default Diesel fuel sight gauge

The sight gauges on my diesel tanks are so cloudy they are worthless.
They are made of some 1/2" plastic pipe and I want to replace them. The
company I'm dealing with is so gutless and liability oriented they won't
tell me whether diesel will destroy or erode their ester-based
polycarbonate tubing.

Is there anyone out there with a chemistry background with an opinion on
this?

Capt. Jeff