Thomas Wentworth

Default Licensing alternative

Hey Bob ,,, your the "government" ? What a joke. The "government" is
bought and paid for... ka ching

Turn on your tv, take a look.. That is your country that is being invaded by
people who don't even care that there is a BORDER... do you see any
Government stopping them?

You aren't going to fire or retain anyone ... over 90% of the incumbent
Congressmen will be re-elected. Why? Because they have the money to get
re-elected.. and where does that money come from? The big corporations who
run the USA..

This is why I can't believe anybody in his right mind would want to impose a
license on themselves as a sailor..

The money for the license is going to go to the same corrupt politicians
that all the other tax money goes to ..

Totally CRAZY.. this is totally CRAZY..

I spoke to a sailor the other day who keeps his boat in the Bahama's... he
said he never looks back.. he said the USA and its taxes, corruption, anti
boating rules and laws ... made him go offshore..

He isn't sailing back to the USA ... in fact he is buying another boat to
sail further away from this corrupt ******** we call the USA.

What once was the greatest country on earth is becoming the next third world
dump.

And you want sailors to get licenses ,,,,

Holy **** ,,, I can't even begin to believe this one.

===================================
"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
I always thought sailors were self sufficient ,, people who set out on
the
ocean for adventure ,, risk takers ,,,

Nope. Some of do it for an enjoyable way to make a living.

I would not want you near my boat. A bunch of cry babies, you need the
government to tell you what to do, when to do it, and you even want a
license!

You make me sick!

You seem to forget that we/you/I are the government.................
And come a few months it will be time to fire or retain the the current
administration.

Thomas Wentworth

Hey Dave ,,, you left one group out ;;; YOU, the taxpayer and FEE's payer.

Just take a moment to consider what and where the license money that
Commodore Long is so willing to throw away is going to go.

Boating safety? Nope.
Safe boating classes? Nope ,, take a look at the tobacco money.

Better harbors,, ? Nope

The money is going to go in some big fat ass's pocket.

But sheep like Commodore Long can't wait to give their money away. The
Commodore has been contoled for so long ( ????? ) that he can't think for
himself. He needs someone to say "you can't go out today".

I wonder if he wears the jacket with the epaulet... his boat should be named
"Gilbert and Sullivan".

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:22:02 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
said:

Because they have the money to get
re-elected.. and where does that money come from? The big corporations

And the trial lawyers, and Hollywood, and the George Soroses and the
teachers' unions and the government employees' unions and the AFL-CIO
and........

You get the picture.

Bob

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Just take a moment to consider what and where the license money that
Commodore Long is so willing to throw away is going to go.

Boating safety? Nope.
Safe boating classes? Nope ,, take a look at the tobacco money.

Better harbors,, ? Nope

The money is going to go in some big fat ass's pocket.

Humm, so this is what I hear:

1) "Nobody has the right to tell me what to do."

I gues that is because your are one very smart person. Personally I
read the national electrical code, asked a few electricians a few
questions, and thumbed through a few How-to books before replacing the
old knob and tube wiring in my home. Did the same before doing the ac
and dc wiring on my boat. Personally I could care less if a few people
who know more about wiring tell me what to do. And I could care less
about the local residential electrical code. I just did it. Why? It
made since.

2) "We are not the government. We are powerless against all the
corrupt politicians. There is nothing we can do except sail off into
the sea were nobody can tell us what to do."

Funny I lived in a town of about 15,000 people for 13 years. I knew
the mayor by name, and a few of cops, and when my ex was getting her
mandatory EOW child visit and dating a dirt bag I just went over to the
county sheriff and asked if I should be worried about my 6 year old
daughter being in the same house with a dirt bag. The Sheriff ran the
boyfriend through NCIC and gave me the whole scoop. Yes, that is not
legal, but.....
A neighbor down the street went to a city council meeting and got some
bs city ordinance changed. Personally I believe if you do not like
something, change it and stop whining like some powerless pussy. You do
have balls don't you? Or are you just another limp dick standing
around raging that everyone is picking on you?

The Republikans with all their devote bible thumpers sure have changed
the US. So get off your ass and do something besides whine. The
Republikans have. And I think now more than ever we need to protect
what few rights the Republicaks have taken away.
Lets see, would you rather have a government require you to get better
gas milage or have a govenment listen to your phone converstions, bag
and grab your ass and wake up in east poland.

To quote a frog, it aint easy being green. But better that, than some
christian bible thumping president telling me I can't **** my wife in
the ass.
Bob
(the guy who said there's no such thing as a "sneeker waver" and "we
are the government." See a pattern yet?)

Bob

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
[...]

(the guy who said there's no such thing as a "sneeker wave" and "we are
the government." See a pattern yet?)

Good points.

richforman

Thomas Wentworth

Hey Bob ,, you are one of the biggest assholes on earth..

Don't respond to any posting I write.. I don't want to deal with a complete
moron.

================================
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Hey Bob ,, you are one of the biggest assholes on earth..

Don't respond to any posting I write.. I don't want to deal with a complete
moron.

Hello Thomas:

Sounds fair to me. I certainly would not want to be intrusive.

So what offended you so much? Was it when I quoted Kermit, the frog?
Bob

Da Kine

This guy with the ripping roof had stripped his deck of all fittings to
paint and had built a 6 foot overhang with no supports at its stern.
The cane hit at his stern and in his case, there was no hope. I just
happened to be next to him. I tried to secure his boat but I think he
thought he was covered by insurance and wanted the damage. My rod
rigging was worth more then his entire boat!

Normally, I jsut a foot or two of chain from the dock to my line so
that the lines don't cut and then I use those black snubbers to give
way and the longer the line the better the hope. I had 5 feet of surge
many miles back into the north part of biscayne bay where a normal full
moon tide is only 2 feet or so.

The boats that went to anchor all ended up on a beach, or worse, they
sank. I think the official wind is at 157 sus. for our area for wilma
so with a storm like that there isn't much hope no matter what you do.

Steve Thrasher

Dave wrote:

Nonsense. Unless you happen to be a government bureaucrat, chances that the
interests of government employees align with your own are about zip.

If you don't like the rules that the "government bureaucrat" is trying
to enforce...FIRE the SOB that YOU elected as your Senator and/or
Representative at whatever level. They're the ones who passed the
DAMNED LAW! Ask yourself when was the last time one of them rescinded a
law.
Bob

Steve Thrasher wrote:

Dave wrote:

Nonsense. Unless you happen to be a government bureaucrat, chances that the
interests of government employees align with your own are about zip.

If you don't like the rules that the "government bureaucrat" is trying
to enforce...FIRE the SOB that YOU elected as your Senator and/or
Representative at whatever level. They're the ones who passed the
DAMNED LAW! Ask yourself when was the last time one of them rescinded a
law.

Hello Steve:

I agree with you 100% !

I agree also that it is very difficult to get a change but it is not
impossible. Just vote the SOB out and make it clear that we butter
her/his bread. The only problem I see is that there are lots of
politicians that listen more closely to their Special Interest $
donors. But hey, just vote the smuck out.

For example, in Oregon we have a US senator who goes around talking to
people. I was sitting in a room with about 50-60 other people along
with our Dem. Senator. Last month. Got to ask two questions and get to
know the guy. It wasn't one of thoes cheesey managed "town hall
meetings" by invation only media gigs. It was the real thing.

I'll vote for him again. Why, his voting record mirrors MY idea of how
Oregon should operate.
That is how government is suppose to work!

Oh an to Dave's remarks below:

Nonsense. Unless you happen to be a government bureaucrat, chances that the
interests of government employees align with your own are about zip.

YES I was a bureaucrat. The worst kind: a volunteer bureaucrat. And
even more hoarrible............I was one of the SOBs who help teach the
mandatory "boat driver license course" in Oregon!!!!

Why? Because I wanted to make sure those idiot PWC guys didn't get a
chance to take the program over! Oh, I mean, "...to make our state's
waters a safer and more enjoyable place for all...."

(Hey Steve, what kind of flamming do you think I'll get for that
remark?)

Bureaucrat Bob