DSK

Default Kids on the Great Loop

Tamaroak wrote:
My wife and I are taking our 14 and 15 year old sons with us on a year's
traverse of the Great Loop, starting from Bayfield, Wisconsin on July
31, 2006. People ask us if we are crazy. I finally have an answer:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I think that's a great idea.

My wife & I are going to do the Great Loop within the next
few years too. We don't have kids, know of any we could
borrow? Our boat doesn't have an autopilot.

DSK

Frank

I have a couple for you. Offshore and hurricane experienced, even. Let
us know a little ahead of time so we can pull Chloe out of Summerhill
in England. grin

Frank

Tamaroak

DSK wrote:
Tamaroak wrote:
My wife and I are taking our 14 and 15 year old sons with us on a
year's traverse of the Great Loop, starting from Bayfield, Wisconsin
on July 31, 2006. People ask us if we are crazy. I finally have an
answer:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I think that's a great idea.

My wife & I are going to do the Great Loop within the next few years
too. We don't have kids, know of any we could borrow? Our boat doesn't
have an autopilot.

DSK

Maybe mine will want to go again?

Capt. Jeff
L d'Bonnie

Tamaroak wrote:
My wife and I are taking our 14 and 15 year old sons with us on a year's
traverse of the Great Loop, starting from Bayfield, Wisconsin on July
31, 2006. People ask us if we are crazy. I finally have an answer:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Capt. Jeff

We took our two on several extended trips. Schedules were loose.
Stopped at every point of interest. I called it exploring.

That was twenty years ago, the "kids" still talk about it.
"Remember when Dad ......"

Absolutely no regrets. Some of the best times we spent together.

The crazies are the ones that don't do it.

We returned with our two after a year cruising last July. Now dinner
takes about an hour every night because we enjoy each others company. A
skill we learned on the boat. It seems that the modern society doesn't
let us slow down. Cruising forces you to do it's a life changing
experience.
There were a lot of folks who thought we were crazy. But now my kids
know better and talk about doing a circumnavigation some day without
us.
John