Ian Taylor

Default Boat Carpet

All,
I am replacing the interior carpet in my 1986 SeaRay 340. Can I use regular
carpet in there, or should I use some form of 'marine' carpet.

Also, does anyone know where to get the carpet that SeaRay now uses in the
cockpit area of their new cruisers? I am looking to make a carpet for that
area too.

Any / all ideas welcome.

Thanks
Ian
SeaRay 340 Sundancer "lalamanzi" on Lake Lanier.

Don W

Hi Ian,

I would make sure and use a carpet that was rated for
outdoor use. Other than that, it doesn't have to be marine
carpet, but it will get a lot of sun and water, so buy
accordingly.

Also, I'll bet that you can find marine carpet on the www
nearly as cheaply as you can find any other type of carpet.

YMMV

Don W.

Ian Taylor wrote:

All,
I am replacing the interior carpet in my 1986 SeaRay 340. Can I use regular
carpet in there, or should I use some form of 'marine' carpet.

Also, does anyone know where to get the carpet that SeaRay now uses in the
cockpit area of their new cruisers? I am looking to make a carpet for that
area too.

Any / all ideas welcome.

Thanks
Ian
SeaRay 340 Sundancer "lalamanzi" on Lake Lanier.

G&G

We are on Lake Lanier too, but with a sailboat. I would suggest you go to a
carpet store (and you KNOW there are plenty of them around here!) and ask.
I am sure you will find an indoor/outdoor carpet or industrial grade carpet
that will look good, feel good and hold up.
We just recarpeted our back porch with indoor/outdoor carpet. It gets rain,
pollen, cat puke and lots of sun.
Pura Vida,
G.

Ian Taylor wrote:

All,
I am replacing the interior carpet in my 1986 SeaRay 340. Can I use
regular carpet in there, or should I use some form of 'marine' carpet.

Also, does anyone know where to get the carpet that SeaRay now uses in
the cockpit area of their new cruisers? I am looking to make a carpet for
that area too.

Any / all ideas welcome.

Thanks
Ian
SeaRay 340 Sundancer "lalamanzi" on Lake Lanier.

Banned

Default Boat Carpet / Marine Carpet PVC

I had this product in my old boat and it was fantastic. I just purchase a new boat and going to use the product on the floor in my new boat. I have used many marine flooring products over the years and this product is the best and better then any other product I have used in the past. Highly recomment this DECKadence
https://www.marineflooring.net/
https://youtu.be/nC4VBK6H40w