Larry

Default Free 1960 28' Triton Pearson - Link

"MMC" wrote in
:

We we get right down to it, some of us prefer old boats and some
perfer new boats and I'm not willing to change. I like boats that can
survive a game of "chicken"!
That's my rant.
MMC

I took a Brunswick bowling pin that spent 20 years in a Brunswick bowling
pinsetter to a boat show. There was some bigshot Brunswick suit all
decked out, looking far out of place, on the dock. I handed him my
bowling pin and asked, "Why can't a company that can product this pin
that looks almost new after 20 years of being beaten to hell every night,
make a boat that isn't destroyed when it bumps into a dock, like an
eggshell?"

The look on his face?--------PRICELESS....(C;

Well worth the price of admission to the dog and pony show....

Don't forget....When you go to a big boatshow, always come in the clothes
you mow the lawn in. After my friend Dan sold his Hatteras 56 FBMY, he
wanted a small boat for fooling around the harbor. I told him to wear
the lawn mowing clothes. He did to humor me. We got a Grady White with
a 150 Yamaha from a nice young man who was the only boat shoe on the
floor who'd give us the time of day. It was only around $32K, nicely
decked out. "Check OK?", I asked. About that time some wheel showed up
to try to steal the commission away from him, but I informed him we'd
deal with noone but this kid...who was in, at that moment, shock. Total
sale time, nearly 2 minutes! Nice kid. I've seen him at the dealership
a few times since and he still remembers to be nice to guys in blue jeans
and an old t-shirt with dirty sneakers..(c;