Default LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates?

Hi,

does someone have (and is willing to share)
some hints where to go for possible whale
sightings?
I'm looking for some GPS coordinates of areas
of likely or recent sightings S / SW of Marina
del Rey. I think that's where they generally are.

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks, but I try to not annoy things that
are bigger _and_ faster than my boat.

Don White

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

does someone have (and is willing to share)
some hints where to go for possible whale
sightings?
I'm looking for some GPS coordinates of areas
of likely or recent sightings S / SW of Marina
del Rey. I think that's where they generally are.

Thanks!

Chris

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a
million laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.
surfnturf

"Don White" wrote in message

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a million
laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

Don,
Hope you didn't lose your sense of humour during the election... Laugh a
little!
Mel

Don White

surfnturf wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a million
laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

Don,
Hope you didn't lose your sense of humour during the election... Laugh a
little!
Mel

'Tory times are hard times!'
Gordon

Don't laugh. The Makah Indians at Neah Bay wanted to do a traditional
whale hunt, you know, canoes and harpoons. Soooo
they waited til someone reported whales just outside the straits. Then they
towed their war canoe out to the whales, hopped in and harpooned a young
whale. When it came up again, they shot it with a 50 cal high powered
rifle! Then towed it in with a the power boat!
Love the old traditional ways!
I was invited to try some blubber but it had already been laying on the
beach a few days.I heard it tastes a lot like spotted owl.
Gordon

"surfnturf" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a

million
laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

Don,
Hope you didn't lose your sense of humour during the election... Laugh a
little!
Mel

New boating pastime for Londoners? Whale watching on the Thames [email protected] General 4 January 22nd 06 02:57 AM
Whale watch Bob Crantz ASA 0 January 20th 06 02:07 PM
Anyone watching... NOYB General 2 January 4th 06 05:40 PM