BoatBanter.com

-   -   LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/65837-la-whale-watching-gps-coordinates.html)

[email protected] January 29th 06 08:18 AM

LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates?

Hi,

does someone have (and is willing to share)
some hints where to go for possible whale
sightings?
I'm looking for some GPS coordinates of areas
of likely or recent sightings S / SW of Marina
del Rey. I think that's where they generally are.

Thanks!

Chris

Gordon January 29th 06 04:55 PM

LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates?

Wanta buy a harpoon or maybe a 50 caliber rifle like we use at Neah Bay
Washington? ;.)
Gordon

oups.com...

[email protected] January 29th 06 05:05 PM

LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates?

Thanks, but I try to not annoy things that
are bigger _and_ faster than my boat. :)

Don White January 29th 06 05:29 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

does someone have (and is willing to share)
some hints where to go for possible whale
sightings?
I'm looking for some GPS coordinates of areas
of likely or recent sightings S / SW of Marina
del Rey. I think that's where they generally are.

Thanks!

Chris

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a
million laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

surfnturf January 30th 06 06:01 PM

"Don White" wrote in message

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a million
laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

Don,
Hope you didn't lose your sense of humour during the election... Laugh a
little!
Mel

Don White January 30th 06 06:13 PM

surfnturf wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

50 caliber rifle?? You must be quite the hunter! Suppose it's a million
laughs blasting the whales when they come up to blow.

Don,
Hope you didn't lose your sense of humour during the election... Laugh a
little!
Mel

'Tory times are hard times!'

Gordon January 30th 06 11:25 PM

LA Whale watching: GPS coordinates?

Don't laugh. The Makah Indians at Neah Bay wanted to do a traditional
whale hunt, you know, canoes and harpoons. Soooo
they waited til someone reported whales just outside the straits. Then they
towed their war canoe out to the whales, hopped in and harpooned a young
whale. When it came up again, they shot it with a 50 cal high powered
rifle! Then towed it in with a the power boat!
Love the old traditional ways!
I was invited to try some blubber but it had already been laying on the
beach a few days.I heard it tastes a lot like spotted owl.
Gordon