Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve

Default Moorage in Grays Harbor/Aberdeen, WA

I'm moving to Grays Harbor Co. WA and considering moving my boat from the
Hood Canal to Grays Harbor next summer.

Westport seems to be the principal and most popular moorage, however that
would be about 50 miles from where I will be living. Too far to utilize or
keep an eye on my boat.

I realize Grays Harbor is very limited in depth, aside from the dredged
channel and that will limit my sailing to open coastal waters. Not real
cruising in this otherwise large harbor.

However I was hoping I could find some marina facility in the Aberdeen or
Cosmopolis area. So far all I see on the charts are log booming areas and
industrial docks, etc.. The Chehalis River seems to be dredged and deep
enough for my 6 ft draft and there is only one draw bridge.

My question, is there any pleasure boat or marina facility in Aberdeen, up
the Chehalis or Hoquiam Rivers??

If Westport is the only facilities available, I think I will leave my boat
in the So. Puget Sound or Hood Canal.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions