posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
Eisboch

Default Detroit Diesel (DD671N) Questions

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message

Wayne,
This is simple. You have fuel feed leakdown on that engine. On the
detroits, you have a gearpump that draws fuel from the tank and pushes the
fuel through a strainer and then a filter. From the filter it enters the
Cylinder head where it passes through a cast feed log. Unused fuel is
turned around and again passed through the return log in the head. From
there it is returns heated to the tank. Fuel pressure at the out side of
the pump should be about 45 lbs. Your problem is that the feed line to the
inlet of the pump is draining back to the tank. Probably a very small leak
in that line.
Steve

Wayne, I might add that the guy with the similar problem that I mentioned
before also had DD671s, FWIW

Eisboch

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
Wayne.B

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 04:50:08 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Wayne, I might add that the guy with the similar problem that I mentioned
before also had DD671s, FWIW

Thanks, do you happen to know how he located the leak?

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building
Eisboch

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 04:50:08 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Wayne, I might add that the guy with the similar problem that I mentioned
before also had DD671s, FWIW

Thanks, do you happen to know how he located the leak?

I don't. Next time I go down to check the boat, I'll ask.

Eisboch