Default Antifreeze?

Roger Long wrote:
I went to check our boat today. It was 50 degrees here on the coast of
Maine. That should make anyone who ever spent a winter in this part of
the world believe in global warming.

I'm a global warming believer (duh), but this insanely mild winter
we're having so far here in the northeast (I'm in Long Island, temps in
the 50's yesterday, today, tomorrow) is actually
kind of contradictory to most of the global warming theory I've heard,
which suggests that the result will be colder winters here in the
short-term (basically from the cold water from melting glaciers being
added into the ocean streams, that's my very simplistic understanding).
Of course short-term and anecdotal weather patterns and occurrences
don't have anything much to do with the big picture either way.

richforman

When I winterized the boat, I pumped three gallons of antifreeze into
the bilge by turning the wrong valve and then forgot to pump it out.
When I looked in today, there were clumps of white crust floating
around on top of it that turned out to be ice.

What's going on here? The bilge was pretty dry last fall so it isn't
diluted and I can see that no water has been getting into the boat by
the level. I sure hope it isn't freezing in the engine.

--

Roger Long

Roger Long

I used the right stuff in the fresh water piping and the right stuff
in the engine. Both are happy.

--

Roger Long

"Dave" wrote in message
On 13 Jan 2006 07:01:01 -0800, "markvictor"
said:

"The straight RV stuff"...are you talking about the red -non toxic
fluid for winterizing the potabke water system?... That isn't
designed
for your engine, it's for your plumbing...

Actually, two types of it are sold. One has a corrosion inhibitor
and is for
engines. The other doesn't.

Roger Long

Yes, I bump into a lot of physical oceanographers in my business and
they tell me that ice ages are actually global warming events.

--

Roger Long

wrote in message
oups.com...

Roger Long wrote:
[...]

markvictor

And there were no suv's and powerplants and factories before the last
ice age...

markvictor

Duh! dave, no kidding? geez...

prodigal1

markvictor wrote:
And there were no suv's and powerplants and factories before the last
ice age...

and Thank-You, wise Sir Bedevere for _your_ insightful observations
Roger Long

No, but the rational for limiting greenhouse gasses in what history
now shows us to be a very chaotic and unstable atmosphere subject to
sudden dramatic changes is similar to not smoking in a room full of
open gas cans. Your cigarette may not set them off and they may go
off by themselves but, why risk it?

--

Roger Long

"markvictor" wrote in message
ups.com...
And there were no suv's and powerplants and factories before the
last
ice age...

markvictor

Now if only you could stop volcanos from erupting....

markvictor

If you want to discuss boats, Dave, then you're in the right place, if
you're trolling for arguments,try your local tavern, and if it's
enlightenment you're seeking, try Krishnamurti.

markvictor

Come on Dave, tell the truth...You're really Harry Krause....