Default Antifreeze?

Roger Long wrote:
I went to check our boat today. It was 50 degrees here on the coast of
Maine. That should make anyone who ever spent a winter in this part of
the world believe in global warming.

I'm a global warming believer (duh), but this insanely mild winter
we're having so far here in the northeast (I'm in Long Island, temps in
the 50's yesterday, today, tomorrow) is actually
kind of contradictory to most of the global warming theory I've heard,
which suggests that the result will be colder winters here in the
short-term (basically from the cold water from melting glaciers being
added into the ocean streams, that's my very simplistic understanding).
Of course short-term and anecdotal weather patterns and occurrences
don't have anything much to do with the big picture either way.

richforman

When I winterized the boat, I pumped three gallons of antifreeze into
the bilge by turning the wrong valve and then forgot to pump it out.
When I looked in today, there were clumps of white crust floating
around on top of it that turned out to be ice.

What's going on here? The bilge was pretty dry last fall so it isn't
diluted and I can see that no water has been getting into the boat by
the level. I sure hope it isn't freezing in the engine.

--

Roger Long