Tom R.

Default Bridge Clearances on the Rhine River

Hello Folks:

Does anyone know a definitive source to obtain bridge clearances on the
Rhine River?

TIA

Tom

Wayne.B

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:19:01 -0500, Larry wrote:

I watched a documentary film from an Englishman who cruised the Rhine in a
small tugboat. Clearance is the LEAST of your worries. The Germans, still
****ed over losing the war I suppose, made him install this huge stern
anchor on a rigging welded to his deck, before allowing him into the
country! They have all kinds of crazy laws along the river he pointed out
to us in the film....

I sure wish I had that film in a DivX data file. I'd love to watch it
again.

I've seen that documentary a couple of times. I believe PBS shows it
every now and then.

Mika

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:19:01 -0500, Larry wrote:

small tugboat. Clearance is the LEAST of your worries. The Germans, still
****ed over losing the war I suppose, made him install this huge stern
anchor on a rigging welded to his deck, before allowing him into the

Seems to me that guy´s ****ed over losing the peace When in Rome,
do as the Romans do etc...

Mike

.................................................. .............
A bad day on the water is better than a great day on land.

Lähetätkö e-mailia? Vaihda osoitteen eka (vai oliko se toka?)
kahdeksikko numeroksi viisi.
Alec

I came down from Basel to Strasbourg this year and it was at least 5m which
is the height of my gantry.

Power is your biggest problem as the current is sometimes strong.

Probably much higher I will try to look up something but most of my info is
on the boat in S France!

Alec