Wayne.B

Default Bridge Clearances on the Rhine River

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:19:01 -0500, Larry wrote:

I watched a documentary film from an Englishman who cruised the Rhine in a
small tugboat. Clearance is the LEAST of your worries. The Germans, still
****ed over losing the war I suppose, made him install this huge stern
anchor on a rigging welded to his deck, before allowing him into the
country! They have all kinds of crazy laws along the river he pointed out
to us in the film....

I sure wish I had that film in a DivX data file. I'd love to watch it
again.

I've seen that documentary a couple of times. I believe PBS shows it
every now and then.