Nigel

Default Marking Chain

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
I use 3-strand nylon rode. Assuming that you are also using 3-strand, do
you thread the ties through and attach them to one of the three strands or
simply put them around the outside diameter of the rode, i.e., around all
three strands? (Hope I stated my question clearly enough!)

--Alan Gomes

I use all chain. I do have a second anchor on multiplait but I rarely use
it and it doesn't have any markings.

Jere Lull

In article ,
"Alan Gomes" wrote:

I use 3-strand nylon rode. Assuming that you are also using 3-strand, do you
thread the ties through and attach them to one of the three strands or
simply put them around the outside diameter of the rode, i.e., around all
three strands? (Hope I stated my question clearly enough!)

I used the plastic markers from the marine sto shove them through the
center and they stick for years. I don't have a windlass, though.

I'd do the same with ties as they'd be less likely to slip down after
the rode was stretched thin in a squall.

Remember, when the rode stretches, it gets thinner. The ties are
(relatively) inelastic.

--
Jere Lull

Anchor lines Gordon Cruising 67 December 21st 05 05:47 PM
NE Ropes 3 Premium strand Glenn Ashmore Cruising 24 December 16th 05 03:04 AM
Great price on chain and rope beaufortnc Cruising 0 November 14th 05 02:09 PM
Calling a spade a Spade (was about chain) Skip Gundlach Cruising 24 October 25th 05 04:58 PM
On buying anchor chain. padeen Cruising 2 October 17th 05 03:03 PM