A H FOSTER

Default Bareboat Charter Tipping

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've chartered two sail boats in the last four months. In one case
there seemed to be no one who was angling for a tip. In the second
case, both the briefer and the boat cleaner seemed to think I might be
interested in leaving them with a gratuity. In the last several years
of chartering and crusing I've never tipped people at the charter
operations. Execution at some has been better than others, but I never
felt like anyone did something other than what was appropriate for the
situation.

Comments anyone?

I get tipped once in a while after a bareboat check out. But I never imply
or expect it.

Capt. Bill