Glenn Ashmore

Default Sailing from Florida to California

John has moved to Melbourne, Florida and closed down his design shop. He is
doing the engineering for Mark Mills Design now and helping Nancy run a
canvas shop called Team Foxy.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote:
Getting around Cuba is the least of your problems.
Count on 3 months minimum

Glenn Ashmore

I'm building a 45' cutter in strip/composite. Watch my
progress (or lack there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

You're doing a great job. I tried to visit John's web site
at http://members.bellatlantic.net/~fcsdsg/ but got an error
message saying that it cannot be found.

Armond Perretta

Dave wrote:
On 30 Nov 2005 19:30:39 -0800, "TabbyCat" said:

5 knots per hour

?????

It's known as acceleration.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

Armond Perretta

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:43:12 -0500, "Armond Perretta"
said:

It's known as acceleration.

Understood. But I think he intended to talk about velocity.

I think he intended little beyond palaver.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat
http://home.comcast.net/~kerrydeare

Bryan

"Dave" wrote in message
On 30 Nov 2005 19:30:39 -0800, "TabbyCat" said:

5 knots per hour

?????

If a sailboat leaves Miami at 5 knots per hour, how fast will it be going
when it reaches Panama?

Larry

Dave wrote in news:u66uo1122e8lo39dplsc823s9unttpavm1
@news-east.newscene.com:

5 knots per hour

?????

He's accelerating....The hull should plane in a couple of hours at this
acceleration rate....(c;

Bryan

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:16:38 GMT, "Bryan" said:

If a sailboat leaves Miami at 5 knots per hour, how fast will it be going
when it reaches Panama?

Impossible to determine without knowing its starting speed.

Starting speed: 0 Knots.

Armond Perretta

Bryan wrote:
"Dave" wrote ...
"Bryan" said:

If a sailboat leaves Miami at 5 knots per hour, how fast will it be
going when it reaches Panama?

Impossible to determine without knowing its starting speed.

Starting speed: 0 Knots.

Can you give an instance when this is _not_ the case? Every time I've
started a trip I've experienced a starting speed of roughly zero knots. give
or take.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat
http://home.comcast.net/~kerrydeare

Cindy Ballreich

Armond Perretta wrote:
Bryan wrote:

"Dave" wrote ...

"Bryan" said:

If a sailboat leaves Miami at 5 knots per hour, how fast will it be
going when it reaches Panama?

Impossible to determine without knowing its starting speed.

Starting speed: 0 Knots.

Can you give an instance when this is _not_ the case? Every time I've
started a trip I've experienced a starting speed of roughly zero knots. give
or take.

When you have to back out of the slip! -0.25 knots!

--
The email address above is a spam trap. Don't expect a response.
Reach me using firstname at lastname dot net