Terry Spragg

Default experience with water tank bladders?

water puppy wrote:
Hi, my small coastal cruiser came with a large plastic bladder that
looks like it might hold 25 gallons. Has anyone used something like
this? How did you install it? It has eyelets so it gets slung like a
hammock somewhere? Does it slosh? Should I put in a solid tank? I'm
going to try living aboard. Thanks as always.

Flexi shapes, massage me to move the last bit from the reserve? Tied
down anywhere, as if a liveaboard wouldn't know, means every slip of
paper is filed carefully, between essential odd shaped things, means
"How can I make more space by getting rid of a big square water
tank?" I have a spot for files between the head holding tank and the
forward water tank in the fore peak. Just enough room to hang four
or six file slings full of bundled 50's under the mattress in the
V-berth / sail bin. We sleep in the Q-berth or saloon, with the
piano and pizza oven.

Under my q-berth soles is an odd shaped place: imagine the bilge,
one foot long, athwart ships before the rudder and lazarette, with
the drive shaft tunnel in it. Perfect spot for a flex tank. The
other thing that would fit there might be canned goods, a hockey
stick or a long machine gun, like a .50, but we won't get into what
a perfect camo blanket such a bladder might make. A coast guard
might want you to come ashore to refill that tank, or require you to
empty it at sea, hopefully, with a promise of replenishment from
their supply, hopefully, at cost price.

Too high a price for security? Who's security?

I have no impersonal experience with bladders, other than those used
with wine making supplies and camp water bags. Work good for me.

Terry K