Dell

Default On serious bilge pumping........

"Roger Long" wrote in message

I wonder if there is a spot in New England where more boats, many with
very experienced skippers, have come to grief.

There might be quite a few spots close by Woods Hole.

Going west think about:
Westport Harbor entrance near the Knubble,
"Sow and Pigs" reef,
"Hens and Chickens" reef,
"Robinsons Hole", and
Cana****it.

All of Buzzards bay was considered a ship's graveyard in the 19th century
and the various harbor entrances reefs and and "holes" produced quite a few
drownings over the years. As I recall we lost an expereinced fishing guide
in Robinsons Hole this last summer.

Going east the outer cape (P-town to Chatham) and most of Natucket sound
were considered deadly in the 19th century.

I guess you could characterise cruising Nantucket Sound and Buzzards Bay as
"character building".

Leanne

I guess you could characterise cruising Nantucket Sound and

Buzzards Bay as
"character building".

I grew up on Buzzards Bay and it was a great place to sail. I
liked going across the bay to Woods Hole and see the rooster
tails coming up from nuns 6 and 8 when the tide was running as
we headed in to Hadleys Harbor.

Leanne