bowgus

Default mighty budget cruisers,.. when/how do you dump your auto insurance?

Up here in Ontario these days, cancelling auto insurance has a nasty
consequence ... when you renew, you're rated (charged) as a new driver ...
all those accident free years, if you have them, which you do, are gone ...
you start all over again. Maybe check with Safeco on their policy, and what
your rate etc will be when you get back. I'd think if you're putting the
cars up, you'd want at least fire and theft ($20?/mo) to keep the policy
active.

"dashboard jesus" wrote in message
I know, it's pathetic but I'd like to pocket the $65usd I'm paying
monthly for auto insurance. I hope to be gone 2 years at least. What
do people usually do about this? I live in a nanny nation where you
have to have insurance to drive but when I cast off I shall leave them
behind to shift for themselves. I have 2 vehicles on Safeco now with
one claim in 12 years. Thanks.