Frank

Default Death of a Princess

We got a preliminary report today that all the boats in our marina are
sunk. Sounds like bad news for the Zombie Princess. We're gonna try to
zip into Slidell to check for ourselves early next week. I'll send an
update when we know more.

Frank and krewe, in Houston

vitus the mad

Good Sirs
My heartfelt condolences. It just makes me weep to see so many sweet
sailboats in
heaps among the rubble.
Best of Luck
Vitus

palmtreedreamer

I thought I had it bad when I got whacked by Charley. Nothing comes
close to what you folks are going through. My deepest thoughts and
prayers to all of you.

Frank

Well, initial reports of total destruction at our marina were
completely incorrect. The Zombie Princess is afloat and essentially
undamaged, although she is literally surrounded by sunken and grounded
boats.

Hooray for us! Terrific sadness for all the destruction we saw around
us in Slidell. I can't even imagine being in New Orleans proper.

Old radar reflector blew away. (I'd already bought a replacement;
just hadn't installed it yet.) Lost one dorade vent. Need a coupla
new jibsheets, which I'd taken off and used as added docklines; both
are now simply missing. Got some rubs on the gelcoat, starboard side,
where she rubbed against another boat which survived. Hey! She's a 20
year old Hunter, her gelcoat was already pretty scratched up and faded.
These are "keeper" hurricane scars a boat should be proud to wear.

For a lengthy description, see our blog:
http://www.zombieprincess.blogspot.com

What we hafta do now is find out if or when we can get out of Lake
Pontchartrain. A brief trip to West Marine, a day of general cleanup,
and we're back on track.

See ya,

Frank, lucky SOB

Larry

"Frank" wrote in
oups.com:

Frank, lucky SOB

Congratulations, Frank! All I saw on local NO, MS, AL tv streams on the
internet were cleaned marinas, right down to the parking lots. Glad your
boat made the trip. Let's call her "seaworthy"...(c;

--
Larry

Don White

Frank wrote:
[...]

I'd get her out of that lake ASAP re all the crap being pumped in.
Delay and you might need a bio-suit just to board her.