Mic

Default The Technical of Fiberglass - Multi-links

The following is a partial implementation of the suggestions regarding
my Sailing Info. posts, thus the multi URL's.

The inspiration for this is based on all the tech info on fiberglass.

And this excellent link, good for even Naval Architects and fairly
definative, my first choice for info, but many of the manuals are good
sources too as well as the others listed below:

http://www.fibreglast.com/sitemap.php

That includes:

Fabric Racks & Composite Workstations
Composite Workstations
Fabric Racks

Plug and Mold Building
Building Materials
Mold Releases

Reinforcements
Aluminized Fiberglass
Carbon Fiber (Graphite) Fabrics & Tapes
Fiberglass Aerospace, Specialty Fabrics & Tapes
Fiberglass Gun Roving and Chopper Gun
Fiberglass Mats, Scrim, and Mat Tapes
Fiberglass Surfacing, Boat, and Tooling Fabric
Hybrids, Carbon & Kevlar - Fabrics & Tapes
Kevlar Fabric & Tapes

Resin Additives
Fillers
Pigments & Glitterflakes

Resins
Epoxy Resins
Gel Coats & Hardener
Polyesters Resins & Hardener
Vinyl Esters Resins & Hardener

Safety

Strength to Weight Improvement
Sandwich Cores
Vacuum Bagging Equipment
Vacuum Bagging Supplies
Vacuum Infusion

Supplies & Tools
Fabric Aids
Measuring, Dispensing, and Clean up
Mixing Supplies
Spray Equipment

Learning Center
Books & Videos
Free Online Brochures
About Fibre Glast Developments
About Resins
About Reinforcements
Duratec Clear Hi-Gloss Gel Coat Additive (1040-B)
Duratec Gray Surfacing Primer (1041-B)
Fiberglass Repair / Composite Repair
Fundamentals of Fiberglass
Gel Coat Troubleshooting Guide
Getting Started in Composites
Glossary of Terms in Composites
Guidelines for Sandwich Core Materials
Mold Construction
Molding Fiberglass
Moldless Composite Construction
Plug Surface Preparation and Mold Surface Maintenance
Safety in Composites
Setting Up A Composite Shop
Step One Mold Polish (1102)
Step Two Mold Polish (1103)
Using Glitterflake
Vacuum Bagging Equipment and Techniques for Room-Temp Applications
Vacuum Infusion - The Equipment and Process of Resin Infusion Brochure
Helpful Links
How-To GuidelinesXXXXXXXXXX
Useful Charts
Catalyst Concentration & Equivalent Measure Chart
Physical Properties of Laminates
Reinforcement Comparisons
System 2000 Properties Comparison Chart
Useful Weights & Measures
Viscosity Guidelines

http://www.boats.com/content/default...tentid=1899how to
tips
Fiberglass Blisters
Effective prevention and treatment

"The hull must then be dried, to get the saturation of the laminate
below 50 percent, which can take considerable time, as reflected by
the following table:

Temperature 50% Relative Humidity 25% Relative Humidity
100 F l6 days 9 days
83 F 32 days 18 days
65 F 64 days 36 days
47 F 128 days 72 days"

http://www.raka.com/

http://www.raka.com/UserManual.html
" This epoxy manual is relatively brief and we will try to
explain in simple terminology the more basic procedures
of epoxy gluing, coating and fiberglassing."

http://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/p...letin%2013.pdf
Gel Coat Repair
Brief but good info.

http://www.tapplastics.com/info/bulletins.php?
List of product info. and How-to's

http://legnosboat.com/techinfo.html
-EPOXY vs. POLYESTER
-EPOXY RESIN TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
-PREPARATION FOR COVERING WOOD WITH FIBERGLASS AND POLYESTER OR EPOXY.
-OTHER HELPFUL HINTS
-SAFETY AND HANDLING
-FIGURING HOW MUCH RESIN AND GLASS YOU NEED
-COMMONLY USED TERMS

http://legnosboat.com/productindex.html
INDEX of PRODUCTS BY PRODUCT CATEGORY

http://www.westsystem.com/
-Click on "user Manual"
User Manual
(side menu will display)
Handling Epoxy
Understanding epoxy's cure stages
Understanding and controlling cure time
Dispensing and mixing
Adding fillers & additives
Basic Techniques
Surface preparation
Bonding
Fairing
Applying woven cloth and tape
Epoxy Barrier Coating
Surface preparation for paint or varnish
Thinning Epoxy
Removing Epoxy
Safety
Problem Solving
Dealer Information

http://www.westsystem.com/webpages/p...m#publications
-Epoxy Product Guide

http://www.epoxy-resins.co.uk/Epoxy%20Manual.zip
How to use our products, how to stitch and tape joints, produce
scarfs and how to apply fibre glass fabrics and tapes.

http://johnrsweet.com/Tips.html

http://johnrsweet.com/Fabric.html
-Kevlar & Twaron | Fiberglass Yarn | Fiberglass Fabric | Fiberglass
Finishes | Carbon Fiber

http://www.guillemot-kayaks.com/Building/Building.html
-Information about making sea kayaks and other boats
Not really related to this fiberglass thread but interesting anyway

http://www.berkut13.com/sucker.htm
http://www.berkut13.com/sucker1a.txt
http://www.berkut13.com/pumpdiag.jpg
A vacuum pump for less than $25 - why not? To be use in fiberglass
vacuum bag technique.

http://www.fiberlay.com/
http://www.fiberlay.com/howto/
How To's
Fiberglass-Epoxy Basic Training
A Fiberglass Seminar/Training Booklet
http://www.fiberlay.com/howto/Fiberg...ning-Guide.pdf
http://www.fiberlay.com/howto/issue2.htm
The following areas are covered in this issue of the Fiberlay Forum:

DESCRIPTION OF FIBERLAY PRO GLAS EPOXY SYSTEMS
CHARACTERISTICS OF EPOXY
CHART OF PROGLAS EPOXY SYSTEM
SHEATHING WITH PRO GLAS EPOXY
GLUEING, FAIRING, AND FILLETING
TOOLS AND RELATED MATERIAL LIST
WORKING WITH EPOXY RESINS
REPAIRING SINGLE SKIN LAMINATES WITH PRO GLAS EPOXY
REPAIRING WHERE BOTH SIDES ARE ACCESSIBLE
CHARACTERISTICS OF EPOXY VERSUS POLYESTER RESINS
SAFETY AND HANDLING

http://www.fiberglasswarehouse.com/help/epoxybook.pdf
-System Three's Epoxy Book
http://www.fiberglasswarehouse.com/help/weave.asp
-Description of Fiberglass Cloth Weaves

http://www.mertons.com/

http://www.masepoxies.com/

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/

http://marinesurvey.com/

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=543605
Q: fiberglass resin

http://www.noahsmarine.com/Canada/canada.html
-Also in the US of A too...
Source for boat building materials including marine ply, various types
of lumber, etc...Price list.

http://www.us-boating.net/do-it-your...s-repairs.aspx
-Do It Yourself Fiberglass Boat Repair

http://www.nautica.it/superyacht/497/tecnica/vtreng.htm
-FIBERGLASS AND COMPOSITE MATERIAL MEGAYACHT

http://boatdesign.net/forums/forumdi...0&daysprune=-1

- Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building discussions -almost 15 pages
of discussions

http://www.osmosisinfo.com/

http://www.geocities.com/bill_dietri...intenance.html

http://www.geocities.com/bill_dietri...tBlisters.html

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/23...icals/g06.html
-Dealing with Blisters.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/23...icals/g04.html
-Repairing Gel Coat Cosmetic Cracks

http://www.infinitycomposites.com/links.htm

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityou...poxy/epoxy.htm

http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Prod...oxy/epoxy.html

http://www.glen-l.com/methods/how-to-fg.html
- Fiberglassing a boat using Poxy-Shield epoxy resin

http://www.redrockstore.com/durkev.html
-Duralite vs. Kevlar - The confusion ends here.

http://www.simplicityboats.com/epoxyknowhowcarnel.htm
http://www.simplicityboats.com/epoxytidbits.html

http://www.buysell.com/boating/artic...e_blisters.asp
" Fiberglass (FRP or "fiber reinforced plastic") was once considered
an almost "maintenance-free" hull material."

http://www.oneoceankayaks.com/Epoxtest.htm
The only online test of various makes of EPOXY

"Trying to decide on the right marine epoxy for your clear coating
project is not an easy task. It is especially hard when you have
invested money and hundreds of hours in your wooden shell. You cannot
afford to make a mistake. My hope is that this test shows how clear
coating epoxies behave with or without varnish and most of all, how
much care needs to be taken to protect our craft from sun damage."

Although this is not definative it is the result of over 9 pages of a
100 URL's per page, plus inter-links....

And it is interesting how many resin companies there are, more than I
initially thought.

Enjoy;;;;;;;

*Only a fool becomes embroiled in an argument on a singlehanded boat.*