Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Larry

Default My fav Weather website...in NH.

With Dennis just crossing back into the Gulf from Cuba on the Key West
Radar GIF that downloads to my Opera browser automatically every 5 minutes,
I thought it'd be nice to let you in on my favorite national weather
website that is highly accurate, amazingly fast because it's very lightly
loaded, even in nasty weather like this.... It's:

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/
at Plymouth State College's great meteorology department in NH. If you use
the weather from them, please send them a thank you email to Jim off the
front page under the nice interactive national map you can click to get
weather data from across the country.

Clicking the "Tropical Weather" at the top of the amazingly complete left
panel of every NWS product produced, and you go directly to the Hurricane
Homepage where there are panels devoted to every storm currently active
with all the pictures, satellite graphics, NEXRAD stills and movies on each
storm. The students also produce graphics for storm tracking and do a good
job of presenting it on these webpages.

I also enjoy seeing live data from the top of Mt Washington, the highest
point E of the Mississippi River where amazing weather happens every
winter. I've been to the top on the cog railway where it was snowing like
hell in blizzard conditions in July!

Give it a look...especially when NWS and the other busy sources won't
connect....

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844
Email:
Read about them he
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp...3&view=printer

Rick Santorum bill may restrict public access to NOAA weather data [email protected] General 28 June 2nd 05 02:11 AM
OT - Kerry Soft On Weather Walt ASA 1 August 19th 04 01:09 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM